Dellorto was established in 1933 as a manufacturer of carburettors in the motorcycle industry, immediately appreciated by the main manufacturers of that period, such as Guzzi, Benelli and Piaggio.
Seven years later, in 1940, Dellorto joined the sport industry by manufacturing the SS series in aluminum.
In 1960 the second-generation-carburator arrived, those for the 4-wheel drive, and Dellorto became the official supplier of Alfa Romeo, Ford, Lotus, Innocenti, Lancia and others, never stopping the research of new products for the 2-wheel.
In the early 90’s started the production of the first injection’ systems.
Prior to the new millennium, Dellorto became a "S.p.A." Company and internationalized its presence leaving the European boundaries towards the Indian and Chinese markets.
Thanks to its research and the huge investments, in 2011 Dellorto developped an Electronic Control unit (ECU), with software calibration and data acquisition, which manages the racing engine. With this product, Dellorto became official supplier for the Moto3.